non-uniform meshing

Moderator: GiD Team

Amors

non-uniform meshing

Post by Amors »

Hi sir!
Hello!
Now I have a problem, when I do non-uniform meshing in Cartesian coordinate system, my uniform part coordinates range is -150 to 150m, inside the uniform part, I set the line range is -70 to 70, when I use the mesh size of 10m, my calculation result is as follows, is wrong, I do not know how to solve, when I delete the line part inside, The split turned out to be correct.
Attachments
145.png
145.png (94.19 KiB) Viewed 2944 times
Amors

Re: non-uniform meshing

Post by Amors »

Hi sir!
Sorry! I don't clearly express the question. My question is that now I have a trouble with the meshing. I want to construct a model with the non-uniform grid. However, the result is shown in the picture. We obtain a wrong result that the mesh on the left part is non-uniform and the mesh on rest of part is uniform. The minimum grid size what I used is 20m. However, when I delete the blue line, which is the transmitter in simulation, and I get the correct result, i.e. the model is discretized by non-uniform grid.
Best wishes!
Attachments
145.png
145.png (96.46 KiB) Viewed 2927 times
escolano

Post by escolano »

I don't fully understand your question, and without the GiD model, I cannot conduct any tests.
Perhaps you could disable the 'automatic correct sizes' preference to have more control over the dimensions. Alternatively, you could make some geometric modifications, such as joining parts. I believe that each bounding box of isolated entities is causing a division on the axis to match this bounding box (with some tolerance to prevent ticks from being too close together).
Amors

Post by Amors »

Sorry,I express that again. When I discretize the model with non-uniform grids in the Cartesian coordinate, there are several problems.
I want to discretize a model with non-uniform grids but the core domain where are located at the center of the model should be meshed with uniform grids. In my model, there are four domains, comprising the layers of Uniform-A, Uniform-G, Air, and Ground shown in the GID model I give. The parts of Uniform-A and -G should be discretized with the 20×20×20m cell, the part of the rest should be discretized with non-uniform grids.
However, in the domains of Uniform-A and -G, there are actually numerous non-uniform grids whose size has a tiny difference. In the same case, in the domains of Air and Ground, there are numerous uniform grids along the positive side of y-axis.
Attachments
20240715model.gid.zip
(29.04 KiB) Downloaded 130 times