[GiDlist] How to define a standard of connection

Moderator: GiD Team

LI Hai-tao

Post by LI Hai-tao »

Hello:

I am a new user of GiD. Some questions confuse me for a long time.

How can I define a standard of connection? In the manual, it gives a figure with the order of each node. But there is no a coordination was defined, does node 1 -- 2 define the X axis, 1--4 define Y axis, and 1-- 5 define Z axis?

When I write a my.bas to output those date, it appears that the connection order have relation with sequence of points define. If it is true, I must take attention the sequence of points when modeling. How can I control the sequence to get a order just same with the figure in manual?

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

LI Hai-tao

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://listas.cimne.upc.edu/pipermail/gidlist/attachments/20020514/0107cd8a/attachment.htm
Enrique Escolano

Post by Enrique Escolano »

A element must be located in any position in 3D (not necessary parallel to coordinates axis)

The connectivies rules are (for hexahedral):
- the first face is defined by the nodes: 1-2-3-4 (local numeration)
- the opposite face is defined by: 5-6-7-8
- other edges connect: 1-5, 2-6 , 3-7, 4-8
- The element is oriented with this sense:
the normal to the first face, (defined by the vectorial product 1-2 X 2-3) point to the opposite face (point inside)

Enrique Escolano
----- Original Message -----
To: GiDlist at gatxan.cimne.upc.es
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 3:01 PM
Subject: [GiDlist] How to define a standard of connection

Hello:

I am a new user of GiD. Some questions confuse me for a long time.

How can I define a standard of connection? In the manual, it gives a figure with the order of each node. But there is no a coordination was defined, does node 1 -- 2 define the X axis, 1--4 define Y axis, and 1-- 5 define Z axis?

When I write a my.bas to output those date, it appears that the connection order have relation with sequence of points define. If it is true, I must take attention the sequence of points when modeling. How can I control the sequence to get a order just same with the figure in manual?

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

LI Hai-tao

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://listas.cimne.upc.edu/pipermail/gidlist/attachments/20020514/6a04fa94/attachment.htm