Strain-dependent shear modulus minitutorial- ERROR

Moderator: CODE_BRIGHT Team

Alireza

Strain-dependent shear modulus minitutorial- ERROR

Post by Alireza »

Dear all,
I am reviewing the example on tutorial "Strain-dependent shear modulus minitutorial" using recent version GiD 14.0.2 just to check the excavation process of tunnel. (not to examine effect of shear modulus).
Follow the steps according to the manual, during run following error happens:

Error in base file 'C:/Program Files/GiD/GiD 14.0.2/problemtypes/Code_bright_v9.gid/Code_bright_v94.bas' at line number 767: Unknown command: 'endfor'

I am almost sure the model itself is fine.
The file is also attached here.
Is is because of a bug in the program?
Attachments
2dtunnel1203.gid.zip
(101.46 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
escolano

Re: Strain-dependent shear modulus minitutorial- ERROR

Post by escolano »

Probably the problem is because the mix of versions of GiD and versions of the problemtype Code_bright.

In theory each new GiD version is compatible with previous problemtype versions, but unfortunately it is normal that unexpected secondary effects appear, and could be necessary some small change in the problemtype to ensure that it works perfectly.

Maybe the related bug is fixed simply replacing 'endfor' by 'end' in the line of the related .bas file

You are using a Code_bright_v9.gid version, but it is not the latest available version.
I have seen that Code_bright_v9_3.gid is the current version
(deca.upc.edu/en/projects/code_bright/do ... vX/v9/view)

Try it, maybe has some bug or compatibility problem fixed

There is also a new GiD 14.0.3 official version and a 14.1.7d developer version
http://www.gidhome.com/download
Alireza

Re: Strain-dependent shear modulus minitutorial- ERROR

Post by Alireza »

Escolano,
Thanks for your reply.
I installed both of Code_bright_v9_3.gid and GiD 14.0.3 official versions and recreated the file.
Same error occurred again. (i did not replace 'endfor' by 'end' in the line of the related.bas yet.)

One more issue,
I edited material and saved it. Opened it again and the tabs for material was not shown properly.
Maybe another glitch in program.
Please take a look at attached file and appreciate if anyone can offer solution.
bug.png
bug.png (80.21 KiB) Viewed 4580 times
Thanks.