[GiDlist] Loading of RES file

Moderator: GiD Team

Eduardo Campello

Post by Eduardo Campello »

Hi!

I have been using GiD as a pre- and post-processor tool for my Finite Element code since 2001. I have been a very happy and enthusiastic user of GiD up to now. Last week I was trying to change the format of my output files in order to improve the efficiency of my GiD postprocessing stage. I decided to group some nodal results with the keyword "ResultGroup", instead of the "Result" keyword I have been using so far. Following the instructions at GiD manual, the appropriate changes in the file structure were made. However, when loading the new ".res" file in the GiD postprocessor, a Windows error message pops up in the screen, and says "The exception unknown software exception (0xc00000fd) occurred in the application at location 0x007e54d7". Upon clicking in the "cancel" button a Visual Fortran Debugger is automatically initiated and prompts "unhandled exception in gid.exe: 0xC00000DF: stack overflow". I looked for errors in my ".res" file but I could not find any. Then I decided to run the example from "HelpPostprocess data filesNew postprocess results formatresults example" and I found that the same error occurs when loading the ".res" file. Is there any tricky thing in using the keyword "ResultGroup"??? (I am using the 7.2 version of GiD) Attached to this email you can find the mesh file and the result file that I have been trying to use (these are the examples from GiD manual). I appreciate very much your kind attention, and wait for your reply as soon as possible.

Gracias!

Eduardo Campello

Department of Structural and Foundation Engineering

University of São Paulo, São Paulo - Brazil

Phone/Fax: 55 11 3091-5367 and 11 55 3091-5181

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://listas.cimne.upc.edu/pipermail/gidlist/attachments/20031127/9786eb75/attachment.htm
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: RGtest.msh
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 997 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://listas.cimne.upc.edu/pipermail/gidlist/attachments/20031127/9786eb75/attachment.obj
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: RGtest.res
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 3012 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://listas.cimne.upc.edu/pipermail/gidlist/attachments/20031127/9786eb75/attachment-0001.obj
Enrique Escolano

Post by Enrique Escolano »

This is corrected bug.
Update the the last available beta version: at this moment 7.4.4b for Windows and Linux
Eduardo Campello

Post by Eduardo Campello »

Enrique, thanks a lot for your quick reply and help.

regards from the tropics,
Eduardo Campello

----- Original Message -----
To: gidlist at gatxan.cimne.upc.es
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2003 6:28 PM
Subject: Re: [GiDlist] Loading of RES file

This is corrected bug.
Update the the last available beta version: at this moment 7.4.4b for Windows and Linux
From the beta versions section: http://www.gidhome.com/download/do07.subst

Note: your GiD7.2 password remain valid for all 7.x versions

Regards
Enrique Escolano
----- Original Message -----
To: gidlist at gatxan.cimne.upc.es
Cc: miguel at cimne.upc.es
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2003 10:01 PM
Subject: [GiDlist] Loading of RES file

Hi!

I have been using GiD as a pre- and post-processor tool for my Finite Element code since 2001. I have been a very happy and enthusiastic user of GiD up to now. Last week I was trying to change the format of my output files in order to improve the efficiency of my GiD postprocessing stage. I decided to group some nodal results with the keyword "ResultGroup", instead of the "Result" keyword I have been using so far. Following the instructions at GiD manual, the appropriate changes in the file structure were made. However, when loading the new ".res" file in the GiD postprocessor, a Windows error message pops up in the screen, and says "The exception unknown software exception (0xc00000fd) occurred in the application at location 0x007e54d7". Upon clicking in the "cancel" button a Visual Fortran Debugger is automatically initiated and prompts "unhandled exception in gid.exe: 0xC00000DF: stack overflow". I looked for errors in my ".res" file but I could not find any. Then I decided to run the example from "HelpPostprocess data filesNew postprocess results formatresults example" and I found that the same error occurs when loading the ".res" file. Is there any tricky thing in using the keyword "ResultGroup"??? (I am using the 7.2 version of GiD) Attached to this email you can find the mesh file and the result file that I have been trying to use (these are the examples from GiD manual). I appreciate very much your kind attention, and wait for your reply as soon as possible.

Gracias!

Eduardo Campello

Department of Structural and Foundation Engineering

University of São Paulo, São Paulo - Brazil

Phone/Fax: 55 11 3091-5367 and 11 55 3091-5181

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://listas.cimne.upc.edu/pipermail/gidlist/attachments/20031128/0055b005/attachment.htm