auxiliary .bcf file

Moderator: CODE_BRIGHT Team

vojtaskara

auxiliary .bcf file

Post by vojtaskara »

Hi,
I try to model a geotechnical structure in Code_Bright to place the result in my bachelor work, however I am now unable to continue.
I model energy piles and I would like to assign a value of heat flux to the pile for every day of the year. The value is different for every day. I found the example with an auxiliary .bcf file in the tutorial and in the manual. It is exactly what I need, but I am not able to make it working. The programme gives me an error message about EOF on the 6th line. I tried to do all steps as in the tutorial. There must be some small mistake. For example I am not sure, what delimiters to use in an auxiliary file, what means the value "60" in the tutorial and so on. Can someone help? Is it possible to send me an example file on vojtaskara@centrum.cz? It would be much clearer, how the file should look like.

Thank you in advance for your time and effort.

Vojta Skara
code_bright

Re: auxiliary .bcf file

Post by code_bright »

Hello Vojta,

Here you have a picture of an example bcf file.

About the delimiters, you can use spaces.

You can get an explanation about the bcf file in the Code_Bright_Users_Guide (page II.29) and also in tutorial III (thermal problem). Please make sure your file has the correct name: <project name>_bcf.dat

Hope it helps.

Regards,

The Code_Bright Team
Attachments
Example file bcf.png
Example file bcf.png (71.49 KiB) Viewed 4914 times
quanla1

Post by quanla1 »

hi guys,
I have two sets of flux boundary conditions data for two locations. How to assign the flux boundary condition with time dependent into the nodes or line?
code_bright

Post by code_bright »

I'm afraid it is not possible to use two different sets of flux boundary conditions data right now since the files will have to share the exact same name, which is not possible.

To assign the time dependent flux boundary condition, you have to use the -999 option. You have more information about this topic in the Code_Bright_Users_Guide (page II.29) and also in tutorial III (thermal problem), to be downloaded from the code_bright web page.

Best wishes,

Alfonso Rodriguez-Dono