Problem in saving files.

Moderator: GiD Team

jackmortain

Problem in saving files.

Post by jackmortain »

Hi,

I am trying to install GiD 12 on a laptop with Windows 10.
I was able to install the software program with no issue but when I try to use the software, I can't save any files. (Thus, I can't execute calculations). Note that when I selected "save" or "save as", the program seems freezed. Then I need to push Esc button.

I've re-install GiD several times (by different versions) but it doesn't work. (GiD is working just fine on a desktop machine with Windows 7. )

Can anyone help me fix the problem?
escolano

Re: Problem in saving files.

Post by escolano »

I am able to use GiD 12 (e.g. 12.1.11d Win x64) without problems with Windows 10

Try to reset your user preferences
https://gidsimulation.atlassian.net/wik ... references

By your description it seems that the 'file browser' has problems to be shown. Maybe your hard disk is very slow or maybe you have some links in your desktop to network units or similar and it become problematic.
levitaylor

Post by levitaylor »

I'm facing the same issue with GiD 12 on Windows 10. Tried reinstalling too, but no luck.
Your suggestion of resetting user preferences is helpful. Could slow disk speed really affect the file browser like this?
Any other tips for resolving the freezing when saving files?
Hi, I am Levi
wudier

Post by wudier »

There are a few things you can try
Run GiD as administrator: Try to run GiD software with administrator privileges. Right-click on the GiD shortcut or executable file and select "Run as administrator". This may solve many permission related problems.
Compatibility Mode: Try to set GiD to compatibility mode for compatibility with Windows 10. Right-click on the GiD shortcut or executable, select "Properties" and go to the "Compatibility" tab. There, select Windows 7 as the compatibility mode and try to run the software.
Update the graphics card driver: Make sure that your computer's graphics card driver is the latest version. Sometimes outdated graphics card drivers can cause compatibility issues with applications. Go to the official website of your graphics card manufacturer to download and install the latest drivers.
Contact GiD Support: If the above solutions still don't solve the problem, it is recommended that you contact GiD's official support team. Provide them with a detailed description of the problem and information about your operating system and they may be able to offer a more specific solution or fix.