Sum of results

Moderator: GiD Team

vpapanik

Sum of results

Post by vpapanik »

Is it possible to create a new result equal to the sum of individual node results ?

e.g. I have a number of nodes each having a force reaction result. Is there a way to select all those nodes and output the sum of all reactions ?
vpapanik

Re: Sum of results

Post by vpapanik »

It seems that what I am asking is just a 'statistical result' with 'accumulated' operator, where I can select which nodes will participate (instead of all of them).
escolano

Post by escolano »

It doesn't exists this exact option, but for example it is possible to use the macro 'List some filtered results' from the macros toolbar, and select the kind of information of the available results that you want and select only the entities you want, and the results will be showed as simple text (that can be copied/pasted to be processed for example in Excel)
list_text_selected_results.png
list_text_selected_results.png (126.93 KiB) Viewed 2388 times
You can see the Tcl code of this macro, from the macros window, and create a similar one that do exactly what you want.

Maybe we can enhance a little this macro and print at the end some extra statistic information like the sum of each column, the average, ...

There is another more simple macro (the button just before the other macro) that show the averaged value of the current result, without allow selection, and also don't provide exactly the summatory, it is divided by the amount of entities
vpapanik

Post by vpapanik »

Thanks a very lot Enrique for your help ! Will try and compile a tcl script that suits my needs.